Online Diploma to Degree Programs
In today’s global marketplace, having a university degree to complement your diploma can give you an important competitive edge. Approved business diploma and other recognized professional diploma graduates are eligible for admission into the Post Diploma (PD) routes of our online degree programs with advanced credit towards a business degree.Athabasca University has worked with many community colleges and technical institutes to build post diploma routes to degree completion. These post diploma business programs award block credit into our online Bachelor of Management (BMgmt) and online Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) programs.The following table provides a general guideline for transfer credit that can be awarded for approved diplomas. Please note: this is a general summary based on approved diplomas. To determine specific transfer credit, an official evaluation of your previous education must be completed upon application to a program.
Transfer Credit Service
Office of the Registrar
AU’s transfer credit service allows you to find out how your previous education could be assessed as credit toward Faculty of Business programs.Check transfer credit database
An important change to transfer credit time limits is coming into effect September 1, 2017. Please see below for more information.
Credit Granted Toward Desired Program
3 Year PD
(90 credit) General
4 Year PD
(120 credit) General
4 Year PD
2 year business diploma holder (except Ontario) 60 60 60 Ontario 2 year business diploma holder 45 45 45 Ontario 3 year business diploma holder 60-66 75 60-66 2 year non-business diploma holder 30 30 30
Important information about transfer credit timelines:
- Tuition fees are not required for transfer credit courses; however a one-time transfer credit fee of $106.00 will apply.
- Transfer credit will not be accepted if course(s) were completed more than:
- 10 years ago in the Business and Administrative Studies area of study at the senior (300/400) level;
- 5 years ago in CMIS (all levels);
- 10 years ago in Statistics (all levels).
- Transfer credit being used to satisfy options other than those in the Business and Administrative Studies area will not be restricted.
- If you are currently working in the field and provide evidence of work being completed, this restriction may be waived at the sole discretion of AU.
Is the Post Diploma route different from the regular route? Is it a degree?
You are still obtaining the same degree; the Post Diploma route is just a way of recognizing your diploma for credit. Your degree parchment does not reflect the Post Diploma route. You are obtaining the same degree as those in the regular route.
How to apply:
Athabasca University offers flexible, focused online courses to help you achieve your business degree.
Undergraduate program admission and online course registration is offered year-round. Ensure you select “Post Diploma” from the program list when applying. Apply today!