Walid Belassi, DBA
Associate Professor, Management Science
Areas of Expertise: Empirical Analysis; Operations Management; Project Management; Supply Chain Management; Organizational Performance; Quantitative Analysis
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-866-795-1736
- DBA – Cleveland State University
- MBA (Finance) – Cleveland State University
- MBA – Cairo University
- BComm - Cairo University
- MGSC 301 - Statistics for Business and Econ I
- MGSC 312 - Statistics for Business and Econ II
- MGSC 368 - Introduction to Production and Operations Management
- MGSC 369 - Service Operations Management
- MGSC 499 – Applied Projects in Management Science
- LCPC 578 - Canadian Productivity Challenge
- LPPM 579 - Productivity Performance Management
- LQMT 580 - Quality Management
- LEAN 582 - Lean Management
- LSIX 582 - Six Sigma
Dr Walid Belassi joined the Faculty of Business in May 2000. Before coming to the faculty, Dr. Belassi has an MBA degree in project management, an MBA in Finance, and a doctoral degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Operations Management and Business Statistics from Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH, USA.
Dr. Belassi has extensive teaching experience that includes over 30 years of experience teaching business administration in Canada, the US, and several other countries worldwide. While Dr. Belassi specializes in teaching operations management, management science, and business statistics, he has also taught courses in finance, human resources management, marketing management, planning, and public administration.
Dr. Belassi specializes in empirical studies incorporating theory and practice, using techniques such as regression and structural equation modeling. His research interests include new product development, project management, buyer-supplier relationships, concurrent engineering, flexible manufacturing systems, organizational culture and strategy, gender wage gap and structural equation modeling. His research has been published in world class journals including, but not limited to, Omega, International Journal of Project Management, and Project Management Journal, where some of his work was awarded the Citation of Highest Quality Rating.
In addition to his academic experience, Dr. Belassi has extensive practical experience as a business analyst, consultant, and statistician. Dr. Belassi has worked as Portfolio Strategist and Decision Maker at JPMorgan Chase, where he was the chief statistician in charge of managing and growing a $2.0 billion portfolio of manufactured housing.
Dr. Belassi is the AU representative at the CORS (Canadian Operational Research Society). For questions regarding the CORS Diploma, please feel free to contact him. Dr. Belassi is always eager to hear your questions and/or feedback.
Selected Recent Publications
- Belassi, W. Cocosila M., & Kondra, A. (2017). The effects of organizational culture on buyer-supplier relationships in new product development projects. International Journal of Business and Management Science, 7(2), 195-218.
- Alzyoud H., & Belassi, W. (2017). Gender segregation and the gender wage gap: Rising inequality in Alberta and Saskatchewan. Asian Social Sciences, 13(2), 64-74.
- Belassi, W.(2013). The impact of organizational culture on the success of new product development projects. Journal of International Management Studies, 8(2), 124-133.
- Belassi, W., Kondra, A. Z., & Tukel, O. I. (2007). New product development projects: The effects of organizational culture. Project Management Journal, 38(4), 12-24.
- Belassi, W. (2006). An empirical investigation of the determinants of concurrent engineering. Scientific Journal of Administrative Development, 5, 23-37.
- Belassi, W., & Elloumi, F. (2005), Impact de la culture organisationnelle sur le processus intégré de développement de nouveaux produits. Gouvernance d’Entreprise, 5, 18-31.
- Comeau K., Belassi, W., & Musila J. (2004). Demand characteristics for post-secondary education: Evidence from Grand Prairie Regional College case study. Journal of Applied Community Colleges, 12, 1.
- Musila, J. W., & Belassi, W. (2004). The impact of education expenditures on economic growth in Uganda: Evidence from time series data. The Journal of Developing Areas, 123-133.
- Belassi, W., & Fadlalla, A. (1998). Diffusion of flexible manufacturing systems: An integrative model. Omega, 26(6), 699-713.
- Belassi, W. and Tukel O. (1996). A new framework for determining critical success/failure factors in projects. International Journal of Project Management, 14(3), 141-151.
Selected Recent Conferences Presentations
- Al-Zyoud, H., & Belassi, W. (2019). Analyzing the wage gap in BC: An empirical study. Presented at the International Academy of Business and Economics, Los Angeles, USA.
- Belassi, W., & Elbarad, S. (2019). Forecasting the stock's price to book value & PE ratios in emerging markets using accounting information: An applied study. Presented at the Athabasca University Faculty of Business Research Forum, Edmonton, AB, Canada
- Belassi, W., & Elbarad, S. (2018). Forecasting the stock's price to book value & PE ratios in emerging markets using accounting information: An applied study. Presented at the National Business & Economics Society, Honolulu, USA.
- Al-Zyoud H., & Belassi, W. (2018). Gender segregation and the gender wage gap: Rising inequality in Alberta and Sasktachewan. Presented at the National Business & Economics society, Honolulu, USA.
- Chandra, R., & Belassi, W. (2016). Performance measurement of heavy duty equipment dealerships using data envelopment analysis. Presented at the Society of Business Research, Orlando, USA.
- Belassi, W. (2013). Cooperative buyer-supplier relationships: The missing link. Presented at the Canadian Operational Research Society 55th Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
- Belassi, W. (2013). Buyer-supplier relationships: The effects of organizational culture. Presented at the 33rd Annual Meeting of Society of Business Research, Phoenix, USA.
- Belassi, W. (2009). The effects of organizational culture on buyer-supplier relationships. Presented at the Decision Sciences Institute 10th International Conference, Nancy, France.
- Belassi, W., & Elloumi, F. (2014). Integrating R&D and marketing in NPD. Presented at the Operation Research Symposium, Sousse, Tunisia.
- Belassi, W. (2004). The effects of organizational culture on new product development projects. Presented at the 4th International Conference of Knowledge, Culture and Change in Organizations, London, UK.