Shaun McQuitty, PhD
Areas of Expertise: Marketing; Measurement; Applied Statistical Methods
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-866-502-6773
- PhD – University of Alberta
- BA – University of Alberta
- MKTG 406 - Consumer Behaviour
- MKTG 410 - E-Marketing
- MKTG 454 - Sports Marketing
- MKTG 466 - Marketing Research
- DDBA 803 – Quantitative Research Methods
Dr Shaun McQuitty joined Athabasca University in June, 2008. He received his PhD in marketing at the University of Alberta, with minors in microeconomics and research methods. Dr McQuitty also has a BA in psychology from the University of Alberta.
His previous academic experience includes ten years at New Mexico State University and three years at the University of Northern British Columbia. While at these universities, Dr McQuitty taught services, international, channels, strategy, research, and sports marketing at the undergraduate level, and seminars in multivariate statistics and structural equation modeling at the doctoral level.
Dr McQuitty’s research interests include consumer behaviour, services marketing, international marketing, applied statistical analysis, structural equation modeling, and measurement. He has published over 30 articles in refereed journals such as the International Journal of Research in Marketing, Journal of Business Research, Journal of Consumer Marketing, Structural Equation Modeling, and Journal of Applied Measurement.
Selected Recent Publications
- Ritz, W., Wolf, M., & McQuitty, S. (2019). Digital marketing adoption and success for small businesses: The application of the do-it-yourself and technology acceptance models. Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, 13(2), 179-203.
- McQuitty, S. (2018). Reflections on “Statistical power and structural equation models in business research”. Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, 28(3), 272-277.
- McQuitty, S. (2018). The purposes of multivariate data analysis methods: An applied commentary. Journal of African Business, 19(1), 124-142.
- Wolf, M., & McQuitty, S. (2013). Circumventing traditional markets: An empirical study of the marketplace motivations and outcomes of consumers' do-it-yourself behaviors. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 21(2), 195-210.
- McQuitty, S., & Wolf, M. (2013). Structural equation modeling: A practical introduction. Journal of African Business, 14(1), 58-69.
- Wolf, M., & McQuitty, S. (2011). Understanding the do-it-yourself consumer: DIY motivations and outcomes. AMS review, 1(3-4), 154-170.
- Martín-Herrán, G., McQuitty, S., & Sigué, S. P. (2012). Offensive versus defensive marketing: What is the optimal spending allocation? International Journal of Research in Marketing, 29(2), 210-219.
- Taute, H. A., McQuitty, S., & Sautter, E. P. (2011). Emotional information management and responses to emotional appeals. Journal of Advertising, 40(3), 31-44.
- McQuitty, S. (1997). Effects of employing ridge regression in structural equation models. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 4(3), 244-252.
- Sierra, J. J., Heiser, R. S., & McQuitty, S. (2009). Exploring determinants and effects of shared responsibility in service exchanges. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 17(2), 111-128.
Selected Recent Conferences Presentations
- Wolf, M., & McQuitty, S. (2011). Prosumption and value creation through DIY practice. Presented at the Academy of Marketing Science Conference, Coral Gables, USA.
- Martín-Herrán, G., McQuitty, S., & Sigue, S. (2010). Offensive versus defensive marketing: What is the optimal mix? Presented at the 14th International Symposium on Dynamic Games and Applications, Banff, Canada.
- Wolf, M., & McQuitty, S. (2010). Creating value through prosumption: An empirical analysis of DIY practice. Presented at the Academy of Marketing Science Conference, Portland, USA.
- Sierra, J. J., Heiser, R. S., & McQuitty, S. (2007). The effects of shared responsibility on customer perceptions of value in service exchanges. Presented at the Society for Marketing Advances Conference, San Antonio, USA.
- McQuitty, S., Gegax, D., & Sierra, J. (2005). Testing for a popularity bias in National Football League gambling. Presented at the WSSA Conference, Albuquerque, USA.
- Stratemeyer, A. W., McQuitty, S., Koojaroenpaisan, R., & Hampton, G. M. (2004). Exploring cultural differences in service quality in higher education: The case of U.S. and Thai students. Presented at the AMS Annual Conference, Vancouver, Canada
- Sautter, P., McQuitty, S., Hyman, M. R. & Pratt, E. R. (2002). Status quo or innovation: The influence of instructional variability on student evaluations. Presented at the MEA Conference, San Diego, USA.
- Hyman, M. R., Ganesh, G. & McQuitty, S. (2002). Augmenting the measurement of household affluence. Presented at the AMA’s Winter Educators’ Conference, Austin, USA.
- McQuitty, S., Sautter, P., Hyman, M. R., Pratt, E. & Oliver, R. (2001). Service variability and its consequence for pricing. Presented at the Western Decision Sciences Institute (WDSI) Thirtieth Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada.
- Jacobs, R. S., Hyman, M. R., & McQuitty, S. (2000). Exchange-specific self-disclosure, social self-disclosure and personal selling. Presented at the AMA’s Summer Educators’ Conference, Chicago, USA.