Mark T. Morpurgo, DBA, FCPA, FCMA
Assistant Professor, Accounting
Areas of Expertise: Professions; Competency Development
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-866-448-2303
- DBA - Athabasca University
- MBA – University of Alberta
- BComm – University of Alberta
Dr. Mark Morpurgo is a fellow Chartered Professional Accountant (FCPA, FCMA) by profession, but discovered his passion for teaching 15 years ago. Dr Morpurgo has extensive senior management and executive experience in a number of industries including manufacturing, wholesale distribution, and professional services. He has been an instructor at the NAIT JR Shaw School of Business since 2003 and has been an Academic Expert and Marker at Athabasca University since 2005.
Dr Morpurgo has also held sessional teaching appointments with MacEwan University, the University of Alberta, and The Kings University. His teaching repertoire includes financial and management accounting, business strategy, operations management, and international business. Dr Morpurgo completed his Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) in Innovative Management from Athabasca University in 2014. His research interests are in the areas of professions and competency development.
Selected Recent Publications
- Morpurgo, M. T.(2015). Beyond Competency: The role of professional accounting education in the development of meta-competencies. Saarbrücken: Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Morpurgo, M. T.(1999). Adapting the plan. CMA Management, 73(5), 15.
Selected Recent Conferences Presentations
- Morpurgo, M. T. (2013). Beyond competency: The role of professional education in the development of meta-competencies. Presented at the ASAC Annual Conference, Calgary, Canada.
- Morpurgo, M. T.(2013). Beyond competency: The role of professional education in the development of meta-competencies. Presented at the NAIT Research Symposium, Edmonton, Canada.