Kam Jugdev, PhD, PMP®
Areas of Expertise: Project Management, Strategic Management
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 403-771-7884
- PhD – University of Calgary
- PMP® – Project Management Professional
- MEng – University of Calgary
- MHSA – University of Alberta
- BScN – University of Calgary
- BSc – University of Calgary
- EEPM 675 - Essentials of Project Management
- DDBA 000 - Orientation, Online
- STMT 500 - Strategic Management
- MBA0 598 - MBA Orientation – Self-Paced
- MBAO 599 – MBA Orientation - Paced
- LSMI 571 – Strategic Management 1
Dr Kam Jugdev joined Athabasca University in 2003 following a career as a project manager. She is an active researcher in the field of project management as it relates to strategy. Dr. Jugdev is the recipient of several large research grants from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. Her research program also includes the topics of burnout and the free rider problem. She engages in collaborative research in online education.
Dr Jugdev enjoys working closely with her students. She has been a supervisor, co-supervisor, or committee member with over 25 doctoral students, 50 Applied Project students, and 20 MSc/MEng students. In addition to her research, teaching, and service responsibilities, Dr Jugdev is a member of the Editorial Board for the International Journal of Project Management and International Journal of Managing Projects in Business.
Selected Recent Publications
- Perkins, D., Mathur, G., & Jugdev, K. (2020). Project management resources and outcomes: A confirmatory factor analysis. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 13(3), 600-615.
- Jugdev, K., Mathur, G., & Fung, T. (2020). Mediated effect of project management asset characteristics on firm performance. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 13(7), 1442-1464.
- Jugdev, K. (2019). Book review: Governance and governmentality for projects: Enablers, practices, and consequences, by Ralf Müller. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 12(1), 228-234.
- Park, C., Kier, C., & Jugdev, K. (2019). Multidisciplinary autoethnography: Our perceptions of demandingness and responsiveness in online teaching Transformative Dialogues: Teaching and Learning Journal, 12(1), 1-21.
- Perkins, D., Jugdev, K., & Mathur, G. (2018). Characteristics of project management assets and project management process outcomes: An exploratory factor analysis. International Journal of Information Technology Project Management, 9(1), 59-77.
- Jugdev, K., Mathur, G., & Cook, C. (2018). Linking workplace burnout theories to the project management discipline. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 11(1), 198-221.
Selected Recent Conferences Presentations
- Workman-Stark, A., & Jugdev, K. (2019, November 14-15). Bridging the gap between micro-credentials and certified learning (Roundtable discussion on educational leadership). Canada’s Collaboration for Online Higher Education Research (COHERE): Expanding the Conversation: Leading the Contemporary Learning Landscape. Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning, University of Calgary.
- Azevedo, A., & Jugdev, K. (2019). Developing awareness of cultural intelligence capabilities: Enhancing academic resilience and reducing stress/burnout. Presented at Brock University, St. Catharines, Canada.
- Jugdev, K. (2018). Academic burnout: When lasting exhaustion meets diminished interest. Presented at the Athabasca University Learning Conference: Setting the Bar for Excellence in Online Distance Education, Edmonton, Canada.
- Jugdev, K., Cook, C., & Mathur, G. (2016). Determinants of Burnout, Engagement, Turnover, and Retention in Project Managers. Paper presented at the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, Edmonton, Canada.
- Sankaran, S., Drouin, N., Jugdev, K., Killen, C., Aubry, M., Huemann, M., Clegg, S., & van Oorschot, K. (2016). Professional development workshop: Organizational project management: Crafting an organizational view of project management. Presented at the Academy of Management Annual Conference, Anaheim, USA.