Bangaly Kaba, PhD
Areas of Expertise: Information Systems; ICT Use; Digital Leadership; ICT Project Management
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-844-874-0870
- PhD – University of Quebec
- MSc in Project Management – University of Quebec
- BBA – University of Conakry
- CMIS 351 - Management Information Systems
- CMIS 431 - IT Leadership
- MGSC 419 - IT Project Management
- INTS 602 - IT Strategic Management
Dr Bangaly Kaba earned his PhD in Business Administration with a specialization in management of information system through a doctoral program offered jointly by University of Quebec in Montreal (UQAM), École HEC of Montreal, McGill University and Concordia University. In addition, he has a Master’s in project management also from University of Quebec in Montreal. His teaching experience includes IT project management, information systems management, database management, IT technology and strategic management, systems analysis, organizational behavior, and quantitative methods.
Dr Kaba’s research outcomes have been published in leading peer-reviewed journals such as, the Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIST), IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, Communication of the Association of Information Systems (CAIS), and International Journal of Information Management. He has published and presented a number of conference papers at major national and international conferences on ICT and Project management issues.
Dr Kaba’s research has also been supported by grants from the International Development Research Center (IDRC), Council for the development of social sciences research in Africa (CODESRIA) and many other bursaries in Canada.
Selected Recent Publications
- Kaba, B. and Meso, P. (2019). Benefitting from Digital Opportunity: Do Socio-economically Advantaged and Disadvantaged Groups React in the Same Ways? Journal of Global Information Technology Management, (22)4, 257-279.
- Kaba, B. (2018). Modeling information and communication technology use continuance behavior: Are there differences between users on basis of their status? International Journal of Information Management, 38(1), 77-85.
- Kaba, B., & Touré, B. (2014). Understanding information and communication technology behavioral intention to use: Applying the UTAUT model to social networking site adoption by young people in a least developed country. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 65(8), 1662-1674.
- Kaba, B., & Osei-Bryson, K. M. (2013). Examining influence of national culture on individuals’ attitude and use of information and communication technology: Assessment of moderating effect of culture through cross countries study. International Journal of Information Management, 33(3), 441-452.
- Kaba, B., & Osei-Bryson, K. M. (2012). An empirical investigation of external factors influencing mobile technology use in Canada: A preliminary study. International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction (IJTHI), 8(2), 1-14.
- Kaba, B. (2011). Validating Measurements of Perceived Ease Comprehension and Ease of Navigation of an Online Learning Technology: Improving Web Based Learning Tool Adoption and Use. International Transaction Journal of Engineering, Management, & Applied Sciences & Technologies, 2(3).
- Kaba, B., N'Da, K., Meso, P., & Mbarika, V. W. (2009). Micro factors influencing the attitudes toward and the use of a mobile technology: A model of cell-phone use in Guinea. IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 52(3), 272-290.
- Meso, P., Kaba, B., Mbarika, V., & McCline, R. (2009). Regional differences in stakeholders' perspectives on strategies to overcome teledensity limitations: An exploratory comparison of selected Latin American and Sub‐Saharan African countries. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 60(1), 184-200.
- Bradley, R. V., Mbarika, V. W., Sankar, C. S., Raju, P. K., & Kaba, B. (2007). Using multimedia instructional materials in mis classrooms: A tutorial. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 20(1), 19.
- Kaba, B., Diallo, A., Plaisent, M., Bernard, P., & N’Da, K. (2006). Explaining the factors influencing cellular phones use in Guinea. The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, 28(1), 1-7.
Selected Recent Conferences Presentations
- Kaba, B. (2018). Proposing an analytical tool to assessing the readiness of aid information and communication technology projects. Presented at the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaii, USA.
- Kaba, B. (2018). Information and communication technology use continuance behavioral intention: Differential effect based on socio-economic status. Presented at the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Hawaii, USA.
- Kaba, B. (2015). Heterogeneous reactions to digital opportunities: A field study to test our assumptions. Presented at the International Conferences on Information Systems, Fort Worth, USA.
- Kaba, B. & Toure, B.S. (2015). The information technology capabilities of nations: A research agenda for assessing the global diffusion of the internet in the Ivory Coast. Presented at the International Business Information Management Association, Amsterdam, Holland.
- Kaba, B. (2013). Proposing integrative Model to Understand Digital Inequality: Helping a Least Developed Economy to take advantage of Digital Opportunities. Presented at the Association des Sciences Administratives du Canada, Calgary, Canada.