Anshuman Khare, PhD
Professor, Operations Management & Chair, Department of Economics, Finance and Operations Management
Areas of Expertise: Operations Management; Supply Chain Management; Digital Transformation; Sustainable Development; Industry 4.0
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 780-509-7533
- D. Phil – University of Allahabad, India
- B.Sc. – University of Allahabad, India
- MBA – University of Allahabad, India
- OPMT 505 - Operations Management
- ESMT 614 - Services Management
- ESDB 619 - Sustainble Development and Business
- EEIM 665 - Energy Industries and Markets: Canada and Beyond
- ETIM 686 - Technology & Innovation Management Strategy
- RSCM 689 - Supply Chain Management
- COMP 505 - Operations Management for IT Professionals
- LSCM 550 - Supply Chain Strategy
- LGSC 558 - Green Supply Chain
- LOSL 559 - Outsourcing and Logistics
- LTIN 576 - Technology and Innovation: Pathways to Productivity Improvement
- LBSC 577 - Balanced Scorecard in Operations Environments
- LPDC 583 - Process Design and Control
- LIBS 592 - Introductory Business Statistics
- LCIM 594 - Continuous Improvement for Managers
Dr. Anshuman Khare is Professor of Operations Management at the Faculty of Business. He holds a D. Phil from the University of Allahabad (India). He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree before going on to get his Master of Business Administration with a specialization in Operations Research (OR), also from the University of Allahabad (India). He currently teaches operations management, supply chain management, innovation and technology management, sustainable development, and quantitative analysis.
Earlier in his academic career, Dr. Khare worked as a Research Scientist "A" (Management) for the University Grants Commission, India at the Motilal Nehru Institute of Research and Business Administration (MONIRBA), University of Allahabad (India).
Dr. Khare joined Athabasca University (AU) in January 2000 after finishing his term as a Research Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung at the Johannes-Gutenberg Universität Mainz, Mainz, Germany where his research focused on changing operations management strategies due to increasing awareness about climate change and the emergence of regulations to mitigate climate change in the European Union (with special focus on automobile industry). He continues to work on similar themes in different industries in Canada and around the globe. Dr. Khare has availed of two fellowships from the Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung, in 1998-2000 and 2007-2008.
Dr. Khare completed his first post-doctoral research at Ryukoku University, Kyoto, Japan on Japanese Government's Monbusho Scholarship (1995-97) as a Monbusho Scholar. The main theme of his research was Just-in-Time business philosophy and responsible manufacturing. Sub-themes included cutting waste and increasing efficiency and resource use in the automobile industry.
Selected Recent Publications
For Selected Recent Publications including reserach papers, books, conference presentations and community service, please see Dr. Khare's website:https://sites.google.com/site/anshumankhare/home