Online Leadership Certificate of Completion
In today’s increasingly complex organizations, leaders must create environments in which positive things happen, and others are inspired to contribute at their highest levels. Leaders not only serve as change agents who guide, transform, and bring out the best in their employees to achieve extraordinary results, they also understand the importance of self-reflection and challenging their own assumptions.
Leaders are found at all levels within an organization, and leadership can be cultivated, nurtured, and expressed by mastering a set of practices that enhance leadership skills and competencies. Athabasca University’s online Leadership certificate of completion focuses on soft skill leadership development.
Each LMD online course is $1,170 + $13 Graduate Student Association fee for a total of $1,183. The capstone course is $3,549 ($1,183 x 3-credits). Alumni (degree holders only) receive a 20% discount.
Note: All Fees are payable in Canadian dollars and are subject to change.
Certificate of completion requirements
The online Leadership certificate of completion is made up of eight (8) online courses worth one (1) graduate credit each. Students are required to complete the following four core courses:
- 553-LTLC: The Leadership Challenge: Exploring the Leader Within
- 572-LSCI: Strategic Communications
- 551-LMOC: Leading People Through Organizational Change
- 571-LSMI: Strategic Management
Plus an additional four (4) courses from the list below:
- 569-LCCL: Cross Cultural Leadership for Global Advantage
- 565-LNCR: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
- 570-LTDV: Team Development
- 554-LCHP: Coaching for High Performance
- 511-LLCR: Leading Creativity
- 510-LCIW: Creating the Inclusive Workplace
Eight (8) courses must be completed to earn the online Leadership certificate of completion. Online LMD courses can be taken in any order. No pre-requisites or application forms are required.
Fees are $1183 per course which includes all materials, and Graduate Student Association fees of $13 per credit. AU alumni (degree holders only) will receive a 20% reduction.
Transfer credit available
All eight (8) online courses can transfer to a Graduate Diploma in Leadership and Management (GDLM). You will need to complete ten additional credits to satisfy requirements to earn the GDLM. In addition, three online courses may transfer for one three-credit elective within Athabasca University’s online MBA for executives should you meet the entry requirements and be accepted into the MBA.
What will you learn?
- develop a greater awareness of different leadership styles and preferences
- participate in diagnostic tools for self-evaluation that help to identify leadership blind spots and developmental opportunities
- explore and understand one’s own current leadership strengths and areas of challenge
- challenge your own leadership assumptions and develop new leadership skills and insights
- develop a greater awareness of why organizations change and the roles of leaders and managers within the process
- practice essential elements of coaching skills and coaching process with colleagues
- use a best practices model to plan for a change
- demonstrate increased awareness in and sensitivity to cross-cultural issues in negotiations
|Course||Start Date||End Date||Registration Deadline|
|553-LTLC: The Leadership Challenge – Exploring the Leader Within||January 4, 2021||January 31, 2021||December 6, 2020|
|565-LNCR: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution||February 15, 2021||March 14, 2021||January 18, 2021|
|570-LTDV: Team Development||March 29, 2021||April 25, 2021||March 1, 2021|
|511-LLCR: Leading Creativity||March 29, 2021||April 25, 2021||March 1, 2021|
|571-LSMI: Strategic Management I||May 10, 2021||June 6, 2021||April 12, 2021|
|572-LSCI: Strategic Communications||June 21, 2021||July 18, 2021||May 24, 2021|
|510-LCIW: Creating the Inclusive Workplace||June 21, 2021||July 18, 2021||May 24, 2021|
|551-LMOC: Leading People Through Organizational Change||August 2, 2021||August 29, 2021||July 5, 2021|
|554-LCHP: Coaching for High Performance||September 13, 2021||October 10, 2021||August 16, 2021|
|569-LCCL: Cross Cultural Leadership for Global Advantage||October 25, 2021||November 21, 2021||September 27, 2021|
Get Information about AU
We have information to share with you!
Thank you, for reaching out to us!
Your query has been forwarded to the Faculty of Business Support Centre
Thank you, for reaching out to us!
However something went wrong and we could not send this message. Please try again later or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org