Calling all MBA & DBA students! The fifth annual National Student Paper Competition is now open!
The competition is presented by Institute of Public Administration of Canada (IPAC). From the ipac.ca website, “Inspired by the Blueprint 2020 vision for the federal public service, the National Student Paper Competition was launched to engage students on the issues facing the public service. In recent years, the Competition has expanded to address broader questions of public service renewal and public policy. We are currently inviting Master’s and doctoral students to contribute innovative ideas and new perspectives in support of better outcomes for Canadians.”
This competition is a great opportunity for students to present their ideas and to be heard by leaders in senior levels of public service. The rules for papers are as follows:
- Papers must be submitted in either English or French.
- Papers can be submitted by a single author or co-authored (maximum of two people).
- Papers can be new or adapted from previous original course work.
- Papers must be a maximum of 1,500 words. Total length does not include the cover page, bibliography, footnotes/endnotes, appendices or any charts and figures.
- Papers must be submitted in all of the following three formats: PDF (formatted with cover page including title, author, word count, university and author’s university program); MS Word (identical content to PDF version); and MS Word (cover page with name of paper and word count only, omitting author’s name and university).
Papers must be submitted to the competition coordinator by November 13, 2017.