Vancouver is Canada’s hub to the Pacific Rim and makes it ideal for companies to station corporate offices in the city. The presence of so many corporate head offices creates a high demand for business administration positions. Vancouver’s economy is one of the most energetic in Canada, major economic sectors include trade, film, natural resources, technology, and tourism. Having an MBA in Vancouver opens up many more opportunities for business administration positions including advanced positions. An MBA also encourages an increase in compensation or advancement opportunities for those currently employed.
MBA in Vancouver
HOW OUR ONLINE MBA PROGRAM WORKS
When applying for the online MBA program at Athabasca University (AU), there are a few different ways you can meet the requirements.
- Having an undergraduate degree plus three years of managerial experience,
- having an accepted professional designation (CGA, CPA, PBA, etc.) plus five years of managerial experience, or
- having eight years of managerial experience.
Or you can take the accelerated entry route if you have:
- an undergraduate degree in business that has been completed in the last 10 years,
- a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and
- a minimum of three years of managerial experience.
You can also join a chapter group in Vancouver to meet with AU MBA alumni or attend any events they may be putting on. Please email us for more information.
WHO’S HIRING AU MBA GRADS?
Many organizations and companies are working with over 200 current AU MBA students and MBA alumni in Vancouver. AU MBA students and alumni working in industries such as energy, mining, oil, and gas, healthcare, education, and utilities and telecommunications.