Calgary’s economic history and key industries makes it an ideal job market for those with an MBA. Calgary has a heavy orientation towards the professional, management and commercial sectors, which provides a demand for business administration positions. Calgary traditionally has been known for its energy sector but in recent years has experienced diversification. Its key industries have diversified from agricultural, oil, and natural gas industries to include food, machinery, furniture, chemicals, fabricated metal, motion picture making and high-technology sectors. Having an MBA in Calgary can enhance career opportunities, increase compensation, and create job advancement opportunities.
MBA in Calgary
HOW OUR MBA PROGRAM WORKS
When applying for the MBA program at AU, there are a few different ways you can meet the requirements.
- Having an undergraduate degree plus 3 years of managerial experience,
- having an accepted professional designation (CGA, CPA, PBA, etc.) plus 5 years of managerial experience, or
- having eight years of managerial experience.
Or you can take the accelerated entry route if you have:
- an undergraduate degree in business that has been completed in the last 10 years,
- a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and
- a minimum of 3 years of managerial experience.
You can also join a chapter group in Calgary to meet with AU MBA alumni or attend any events they may be putting on.
WHO’S HIRING AU MBA GRADS?
Many organizations and companies are working with over 500 with current AU MBA students and MBA alumni in Calgary. AU MBA students and alumni are working in industries such as energy, mining, oil, and gas, healthcare, education, and public service.