Thomas Mengel, PhD, PMP
- Title: Academic Coach, Project Management
- Email: email@example.com
Thomas Mengel is a professor of leadership studies at Renaissance College at the University of New Brunswick since 2005 and an Academic Coach in the Faculty of Business of Athabasca University since 2004. He has been teaching in the field of leadership and project management for more than 30 years. He holds academic degrees in theology, adult education (minor in psychology), history, and computer science (minor in education and business administration).
Before joining academia full-time in 2005, Thomas has held various project management and leadership positions and worked as an entrepreneur and consultant in different European and North American organizational contexts. His major focus in research, teaching and his professional and entrepreneurial practice is on the significance of motivation, values, and meaning in the context of project management, leadership, and leadership education. He is particularly interested in understanding and supporting personal and professional growth as well as leadership development.
More detailed information about his publications and background can be found here.
- University of Bamberg, Germany
Adult education / Psychology: Diplom-Pädagoge (MA in Education), with Distinction
Licentiate in theology, “Summa cum laude”
Doctor of theology, “Magna cum laude”
- University of Toronto
History / International Relations: Master of Arts
- Distance-University of Hagen, Germany
Computer Science / Business Administration: Diplom-Informatiker (MSc in Computer Science)
Dr. Mengel teaches in the Project Management electives concentration in the MBA and DBA programs
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification through PMI
- Founder and CEO of Reiss Profile Canada Corp. (leadership and professional development)
- Professor of Leadership, Renaissance College, University of New Brunswick
- Fellow of Project Research Institute of Athabasca University (PMRI)
- International Leadership Association (ILA)
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Coachville Graduate School of Coaching
- World Society of Motivation Scientists and Professionals (WSMSP)
- Associate Member of Atlantic Chapter of International Coaching Federation (ICF)