Tanveer Ahmed, DBA, CPA, CMA
- Title: Academic Coach, Economics
- Phone: 1-613-234-5852
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Tanveer Ahmed is a Partner at Nordicity, leading finance and economics advisory practice. Nordicity is a leading international consulting firm providing strategy, regulatory, policy, economic, market and financial advisory services to private and public sector clients across the globe.
Tanveer specializes in economic modeling, business valuation, regulatory economics, economic impact analysis (EIA), mergers & acquisitions, competition, and growth economics.
Prior to joining Nordicity, Tanveer was with Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE Inc.) for over 13 years and held positions as Associate Director: Economic Studies; Investment Valuation; Performance Management; and Strategy & Planning. Previously, Tanveer worked as Director, Project Finance with National Electric Power Regulatory Authority of Pakistan and as Assistant General Manager, Project Finance and Corporate Development with Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited.
Tanveer earned his Doctorate in Business Administration (Economics) from Athabasca University, MBA from University of Windsor and MA (Economics & Finance) from Ryerson University. Tanveer is also a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CMA) of Ontario, Canada and a member of Canadian Economics Association (CEA), American Economic Association (AEA), and American Finance Association (AFA).
Tanveer’s current research focuses on the economic effects of FDI; effective investment valuation techniques in a competitive environment; capital portfolio management; mergers & acquisitions; and; competition and economic growth policy analysis.
- 2016, Doctorate of Business Administration (Business Economics), Athabasca University
- 2010, M.A. Economics & Finance, Ryerson University
- 2005, MBA (Management), Odette Business School, University of Windsor
- MBA (Finance), International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- BA Economics & Sociology, University of Punjab, Islamabad Pakistan
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) – Ontario
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant) – Ontario
- Member of Canadian Economics Association (CEA)
- Member of American Economic Association (AEA)
- Member of American Finance Assoication (AFA)