Gordon Knowles, PhD
- Title: Academic Coach, Information Technology
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD (Industrial Engineering), University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- MSc (Industrial Engineering), University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- BSc Hons (Production Engineering and Management), University of Strathclyde, Scotland
- Diploma in Further Education Teaching, Jordanhill College of Education, Scotland
INTS 602 – Information Technology Strategy
ETIM 668 – Elective Technology & Innovation Management Strategy
- enterprise performance management
- business improvement philosophies, methods and tools
- enterprise software implementation and adoption in organizations
- complexity reduction in software design and application
- big data reduction
Dr. Knowles has over 25 years experience in manufacturing and mechanical engineering from the shop floor, supervisory, middle, general and executive management. During this time he has worked in a diverse range of industrial organizations from traditional manufacturing, assembly and fabrication to the design and installation of fluid handling equipment in gold and platinum mines and power generation equipment throughout the world.
He has fifteen years experience working with most of the prominent enterprise software vendors in senior and executive positions including product development, solution design, analysis and implementation. His experience in software spans almost every industrial and commercial environment in ERP, SCM, PLM, POS, SRM, CRM and BI applications. Dr. Knowles is an inventor and currently has several patents awarded for his design work in enterprise software.
His current area of professional and academic focus is in the field of enterprise performance management.
- Chartered Engineer (C.Eng)
- Member of the Institution of Electrical Engineers, Manufacturing Technology Division