Concetta Gillard, GDAcct, CPA, CA
- Title: Academic Coordinator
- Email: email@example.com
She earned her BSc (major mathematics) from Concordia University (Montreal). Upon graduation she started working at the Montreal office of Touche Ross Chartered Accountants (now Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited). While working with Touche Ross CAs, Concetta completed her Graduate Diploma in Accounting at McGill University and obtained her Chartered Accountant designation.
During her time with Touche Ross CAs, Concetta worked on many diverse audits, and was also involved in teaching in-house orientation courses. After obtaining the CA designation, in addition to working at Touche Ross CAs, Concetta started teaching in the Business Administration Degree Program and CA program at Concordia University (Mtl). Upon moving to Alberta, Concetta continued teaching courses in the areas of auditing and financial accounting.
In 2000, Concetta joined Athabasca University. Her activities have grown over the years to include course management, development, revisions, and seeking new ways of improving on-line courses to benefit students.
- Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada)
- Professional Accountants of Alberta (CPA Alberta)
In addition to her academic experience she has volunteered as treasurer in many non-profit organizations, and as a member on many AU committees such as:
- AU Faculty of Business Program Council
- Athabasca University Academic Council
- Student Support Committee, chair (4 years)/member
- Academic Audit Committee for Strategic Planning
- Macro Economic Trends Committee for Strategic Planning
- Review of Bachelor of Commerce
- Review of Bachelor of Management
- Academic Structure Review Committee
- Domestic Collaborations Committee, chair