Become a global business leader …
As a CMA, you are a respected strategic financial management professional. Here’s an opportunity for you to take on new challenges and advance your career even further by incorporating enhanced business knowledge into your repertoire of management skills.
The AU MBA curriculum builds on your unique management accounting background in an intensely interactive, collaborative learning environment that focuses on the transfer of academic theory to management practice. Innovations and new practices within organizations are shared across geographical locations, cultures, and industry sectors, leading to a cutting-edge, global business education.
A student accepted into the MBA program with a CMA designation receives a direct transfer of nine (9) credits based on previous coursework and experience – no additional materials, coursework or examination is required. A one time $254 transfer credit evaluation fee is charged upon application.
- Financial and Managerial Accounting (FMAC 503)*
- Corporate Finance (CFIN 601)
- One (1) three-credit elective
*Note: All MBA students write a Phase One Comprehensive Exam which requires students to display understanding of FMAC 503 course content. Students can discuss this with their student services coordinator and, if necessary, purchase the course materials to review.
Members receive a reduction from the standard MBA tuition as a result of the nine (9) transfer credits being granted for two core courses and one elective course. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Since they are exempt from taking three courses, students can complete their program in less time. By working with their student services coordinator, students can adjust their schedules to finish the program in up to six months less than the average completion time.
To be accepted into the AU MBA with your CMA designation, you must meet the following qualifications:
- a bachelor’s degree, your designation and at least three years of managerial experience that may include managing people, projects or budgets or professional experience with management level responsibilities,
- your designation plus at least five years of managerial experience that may include managing people, projects or budgets or professional experience with management level responsibilities.