The faster route to an Online MBA for executives for CGAs. Your CGA designation opens the door to a world of opportunity. Any position – Controller, Vice-President of Finance, CFO, even CEO – is potentially within your grasp. But rising to the top is not easy. The competition is intense. Companies are demanding higher qualifications than ever. How can you set yourself apart in such an environment? Your answer: the Athabasca University Online MBA for executives. The AU Online MBA for executives features a curriculum designed to augment accounting and financial knowledge with an in-depth examination of the key areas of management – managing strategy, information, people, resources, markets and operations.
A student accepted into the MBA program with a CGA designation receives a direct transfer of nine (9) credits based on previous coursework and experience – no additional materials, coursework or examination is required. A one time $254 transfer credit evaluation fee is charged upon application.
- Financial and Managerial Accounting (FMAC 503)*
- Corporate Finance (CFIN 601)
- One (1) three-credit elective
*Note: All MBA students write a Phase One Comprehensive Exam which requires students to display understanding of FMAC 503 course content. Students can discuss this with their student services coordinator and, if necessary, purchase the course materials to review.
Members receive a reduction from the standard MBA tuition as a result of the nine (9) transfer credits being granted for two core courses and one elective course. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Since they are exempt from taking three courses, students can complete their program in less time. By working with their student services coordinator, students can adjust their schedules to finish the program in up to six months less than the average completion time.
To be accepted into the AU MBA with your CGA designation, you must meet the following qualifications:
- a bachelor’s degree, your designation and at least three years of managerial experience that may include managing people, projects or budgets or professional experience with management level responsibilities,
- your designation plus at least five years of managerial experience that may include managing people, projects or budgets or professional experience with management level responsibilities.