In today’s increasingly complex and global workplace, leaders have a more challenging role than ever before. They guide, transform, and inspire to engage and achieve great things through their employees. Leaders are found at all levels within an organization. Leadership can be cultivated, nurtured, and expressed by mastering a set of practices that enhance leadership and management skills, and competencies. Athabasca University’s (AU) online Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Leadership and Management (PBDLM) targets leadership and management skill development.
Online Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Leadership and Management requirements
Online PBDLM courses provide graduate level professional development opportunities designed for managers and professionals with significant work experience who are poised for advancement.
The online PBDLM is made up of 15 online four-week courses worth one graduate credit each and one 12 week capstone course worth three graduate credits. All 16 courses with 18 credits total must be completed in order to earn the onlinePost Baccalaureate Diploma in Leadership and Management.
The program must be completed in a maximum of five years. However, you must be enrolled in a minimum of three online courses per year. Online courses can be taken in any order to meet the needs of your career advancement. The capstone course should be taken as the last course in the program.
What will you learn?
- develop a greater awareness of different leadership styles and preferences
- participate in diagnostic tools for self-evaluation that help to identify leadership blind spots and developmental opportunities
- explore and understand one’s own current leadership strengths and areas of challenge
- challenge their own leadership assumptions and develop new leadership skills and insights
- develop a greater awareness of why organizations change and the roles of leaders and managers within the process
- practice essential elements of coaching skills and coaching process with colleagues
- use a best practices model to plan for a change
- demonstrate increased awareness in and sensitivity to cross-cultural issues in negotiations
Not sure where to start? All of our Leadership and Management development online courses are transferable into the online PBDLM so you can start in any of our concentration areas; Leadership, Manufacturing Management, or Supply Chain Management. If you have taken the same course from another accredited university, you may request a transfer of the course into the Athabasca University online PBDLM*.