Tanveer Ahmed, MBA, MA, CPA, CMA
- Title: Academic Coach, Economics
- Phone: 1-613-234-5852
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Based in the Ottawa office, Tanveer specializes in regulatory economics, investment valuation, project finance, business case modelling, due diligence and activity based costing. Tanveer has a broad and rich experience in economics and finance over his 20 year plus career.
Prior to joining Nordicity, Tanveer was with Bell Canada Enterprises (BCE Inc.) for over 13 years and held positions as Associate Director: Economic Studies; Investment Valuation; Performance Management; and Strategy & Planning. Previously, Tanveer worked as Director, Project Finance with National Electric Power Regulatory Authority of Pakistan and as Assistant General Manager, Project Finance and Corporate Development with Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited.
Tanveer is a Chartered Professional Accountant and Certified Management Accountant (CPA, CMA) of Ontario, Canada and holds an MBA from University of Windsor and Master of International Economics & Finance from Ryerson University.
Tanveer is also a doctoral candidate at Athabasca University, Alberta, Canada. Tanveer’s doctoral dissertation is entitled the Effects of Foreign Direct Investments (FDIs) on Home and Host Economies and on the Profitability of Investing Firms. In his doctoral research, Tanveer focuses on effective investment valuation techniques in competitive environment, capital portfolio management; cross-border mergers & acquisitions, valuation of firm, competition and economic growth policy analysis. Tanveer is a member of Canadian Economics Association (CEA) and American Economic Association (AEA).
- 2016, Doctorate Candidate (Business Economics), Athabasca University – completion expected Fall 2016
- 2010, M.A. Economics & Finance, Ryerson University
- 2005, MBA (Management), Odette Business School, University of Windsor
- MBA (Finance), International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan
- BA Economics & Sociology, University of Punjab, Islamabad Pakistan
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) – Ontario
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant) – Ontario
- Member of Canadian Economics Association (CEA)
- Member of American Economic Association (AEA)