David Annand, EdD
- Title: Professor, Accounting
- Phone: 780-675-6193 or 1-800-788-9041 ext. 6193
- Email: email@example.com
David Annand, EdD, MBA, CA, is a Professor of Accounting in the Faculty of Business. His research interests include the educational applications of computer-based instruction and computer mediated communications to distance learning, the effects of online learning on the organization of distance-based universities, and the experiences of instructors in graduate-level computer conferences.
David completed his Doctorate in Education in 1998. His thesis deals with the experiences of instructors in graduate-level computer conferences.
- EdD, University of Alberta
- MBA, Dalhousie University
- BMgt, University of Lethbridge
- CA, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta
- Annand, D. (2015). Developing a sustainable financial model in higher education for open educational resources. International Review of Open and Distributed Learning, 16(5). Retrieved from http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/2133
- Annand, D. (2013) Development of an Introductory Financial Accounting OER at Athabasca University; presented at Open Resources, Open Courses: Their Impact on Blended and Online Learning, COHERE 7th Annual Conference, Vancouver, BC; Oct. 24-26, 2013. COHERE presentation at Oct 24_13
- Annand, D. (2011). Social presence within the community of inquiry framework. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 12(5), 38-54.
- Annand, D., Michalczuk, K., Thiessen, J. (2009) EVALUATING THE RELATIVE EFFICIENCIES AND EFFECTIVENESS OF THE CONTACT CENTRE AND TUTOR MODELS OF LEARNER SUPPORT AT ATHABASCA UNIVERSITY
Retrieved from http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/924/1855
- Annand, D. (2008). Learning efficacy and cost-effectiveness of print versus e-book instructional material in an introductory financial accounting course. Journal of Interactive Online Learning, 7(2).
- Using 3D Virtual Worlds: Engaging Learners and Providing Social Support, CIDER presentation February 15, 2008.
- Annand, D., (2008). Making Relevant Financial Decisions about Online Learning Anderson, T. and Elloumi, F. (Eds.) Theory and Practice of Online Learning, vol. 2, Athabasca University Press.
- Annand, D. (2007). Re-organizing universities for the information age. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, (8)3.
- Annand, D. (2006). Changing the Academy, Staff & Educational Development International, 10(1), pp. 5-22.
- Annand, D. and Parker, N. (2005). Frameworks for Comparing the Relative Efficiencies and the Effectiveness of Call Centre and Individual Tutorial Support Models in Online University Education. The 2005 College Teaching and Learning Conference , Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. March 14 – 18, 2005.
- Anderson, T., Annand, D., Wark, N. (2005). The Search for Learning Community in Learner-Paced Distance Education Programming or “Having Your Cake and Eating It, Too!”.
- Chinese Journal of Distance Education (2004). Entering the Fifth Generation of Distance Education: A Case Study of Athabasca University
- Ngwenya, J., Annand, D., and Wang, E. (2004). Facilitating Knowledge Sharing Among Unpaced Online Learners. 21st ICDE World Conference on Open Learning and Distance Education , Hong Kong. February 18 – 21, 2004.
- Ngwenya, J. Annand, D., Wang, E., Southgate, C. (2004). ASKS – A System for Supporting Asynchronous Discussion for Unpaced Online Learners. . Anderson, T. and Elloumi, F. (Eds.) Theory and Practice of Online Learning, vol. 1, Athabasca University Press.
- Ngwenya, J. Annand, D., Wang, E., Southgate, C. (2003). ASKS: A System for Supporting Asynchronous Discussion for Individualized Study Online Learners. International Conference on Computers and Advanced Technology in Education (IASTED). Rhodes, Greece. June 30 – July 2, 2003.
- Elloumi, F. and Annand, D. (2003). Integrating Faculty Research Performance Evaluation and the Balanced Scorecard in AU Strategic Planning: A Collaborative Model. International Business & Economics Research Journal.
- Edmonton Journal Free University Education Feb. 2003
- CATE (2002): The Use of Lotus Notes as a Comprehensive Learning, Evaluation and Production System
- ICDE/CADE 2002): Developing and Evaluation Paper-based and Onscreen Instructional Material for a Distance-based Introductory Financial Accounting Course
- Post CADE Presentation May 29, 2002
- ELP Forum (May 1, 2002): PowerPoint presentation
- Annand, D., Huber, C., and Michalczuk, K. (2002). Successful IT Innovation: Successful IT Innovation: The Use of Lotus Notes as a Comprehensive Online Learning and Production System at Athabasca University CATE 2002, International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED), Cancun, Mexico. May 20-23, 2002.
- Internet and Higher Education (2002): Concurrent Development and Cost-benefit Analysis of Paper-Based and Digitized Instructional Material.
- ICDE/CADE (2002): Development of an Automated Exam Marking System at Athabasca University (with Colleen Huber)
- AU Seminar (2001): Alternate Performance Measures for Athabasca University
- SSHRC application (2001, with T. Anderson): A Proposal To Evaluate Pedagogical, Financial And Perceptual Factors That Differentiate Paced, Interactive E-Classes From Independent Study Modes Of Delivery Within University-Level Business Courses
- EdMedia (1999): Learning How to Prepare a Statement of Cash Flow Using Computer Based Instruction.
- Doctoral Dissertation: Experiences of Instructors in Graduate-level Computer-mediated Learning Environments
- Journal of Distance Education (1999):Distance learning David Annand
- Open Learning (1999): Open Learning – The problem of computer conferencing
- CADE (1998): The Economic Effects of CMC on the Organization of Learning
- Annand, D. (2014) Student Workbook to accompany Introduction to Financial Accounting (2nd ed)
- Dauderis, H. and Annand, D. (2014)Student Solutions Manual to accompany Introduction to Financial Accounting (2nd ed)
- Dauderis, H. and Annand, D. (2014) Introduction to Financial Accounting print text (2nd ed)
- Dauderis, H. and Annand, D. (2014) Introduction to Financial Accounting online text (2nd ed)
The following files are zipped and password protected, however you may contact David Annand if you would like the password.