C. R. (Bob) Hinings, Professor Emeritus
- Title: Academic Coach, Organizational Research (Doctoral)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Bob Hinings is a Professor Emeritus in the Department of Strategic Management and Organization, Faculty of Business, University of Alberta and Senior Research Fellow in the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise. Until June, 2002 he was the Thornton A. Graham Professor of Business and Director of the Centre for Professonal Service Firm Management.
Professor Hinings’ consultancy in Canada has been with professional service firms, health care organizations and municipal and provincial governments. It has involved assignments on managing strategic change, restructuring (eg, organizational redesign, departmental consolidation, the structure of senior management), devising value statements, designing planning and budgeting systems, and developing strategic plans. He has acted as a facilitator for strategic planning and objective setting meetings in a variety of organizations.
Professor Hinings has also delivered regular seminars on the management of change and organizational design. These have been done as part of the Government of Alberta’s Senior Executive Development Programme, under the auspices of the Department of Extension at the University of Alberta, and for the MBA Society of Alberta. He has also carried out a number of seminars on organizational change and employment equity for the federal Department of Employment and Immigration.
DDBA 899 – Conceptual Foundations of Organizational Research
Professor Hining has published nine books and more than 130 papers.
- 2003 – Honorary Member of the European Group for Organizational Studies
- 2000 – Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada in the Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences
- 2000 – Fellow of the U.S. Academy of Management
- 2000 – Kaplan Award for Excellence in Research from the University of Alberta
1999 – Distinguished Scholar Award from the Organization and Management Theory Division of the U.S. Academy of Management
- 1999 – Distinguished Speaker in Organization Theory at the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada