A solid understanding of the language of accounting and financial information is essential for all managers – as is an understanding of the impact of accounting policies on the investing, financing, and operating activities of an organization.
The study of accounting topics and corporate finance allows managers and executives to effectively incorporate financial information into their decision-making process. It is also helpful in spotting ‘creative’ accounting techniques – an issue that has had significant impacts on the business world in recent years.
- Financial & Managerial Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance & Accountability
- Implementing Strategy Through Management Evaluation
Topic Related Journals in the Athabasca University Library
- Accounting Review
- Journal of Finance
- Canadian professional accounting journals
- Chartered Accountants
- Certified Management Accountants
- Certified General Accountants